Mindfulness Training: A Game Changer In The Workplace
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is described as an ancient as well as an integral segment of various meditation practices. So when it comes to the workplace and modern life what exactly it has to do with it? In what ways is mindfulness playing its role in the modern lifestyle?
Mindfulness, the idea of being self-aware, calm and concentrating on the interpersonal dynamics of all that is going on in the present moment. It is not only vital to leadership but overall wellness at each echelon of the workplace and corporate culture.
In essence, mindfulness is defined as staying aware of all internal states and external changes, in an entirely non-judgmental & witnessed manner without taking any stress. It helps in building focus, relaxation, coping with anxiety and in getting along with people which help in creating more efficient businesses and organizations.
In the corporate world, the significance of mindfulness is now being understood more seriously, both as a way to amplify productivity and as a part of the employee wellness program.
Typically, the mindfulness training includes practices and exercises such as:
- Building focus on the present moment, through breathing as well as other meditations
- How to tune-in to the body, in order to directly experience emotions & feelings.
- Distinguishing our habits and patterns of reacting to difficult & stressful circumstances.
- Forming emotional intelligence & well-being and responding to stressful stimuli in a less self-orientated more considered way.
- How to be kind to others and ourselves
Training your employees to form mindfulness in the workplace is focused on two ways. The first is about in what manner we can stay focused and calm while facing the stress increasing factors; the second is about how we can relate to other people as well as events with kindness & acceptance, enhancing our communication with external parties and colleagues. A few practical techniques can also be used for bringing this approach to management like emails, phone calls, and meetings.
Various studies have shown that people who are trained for mindfulness, form skills that are valuable in the work environment.
Research shows that staff who completed the mindfulness course:
- remain peaceful and focused in various challenging situations.
- concentrate for a long time duration, and communicate more effectively.
- work better with clients, within teams, as well as with other stakeholders.
- exhibit less anxiety, stress, and depression.
- take less time off work and become more productive
This groundbreaking mindfulness training model can be personalized and designed as per the specific industry needs. By utilizing proven techniques of mindfulness in the workplace that activates concepts and ideas, participants not only comprehend the reasons why emotional intelligence and true consciousness are critical for personal happiness and a productive workplace. They also learn how to change the perspective, attitude, and behavior in their personal & professional lives.