Mindfulness Training: A Game Changer In The Workplace
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is described as an ancient as well as integral segment of various meditation practices. So when it comes to the workplace and modern life what exactly it has to do with it? In what ways is mindfulness playing its role in the modern lifestyle?
Mindfulness, the idea of being self-aware, calm and concentrating to the interpersonal dynamics of all that is going on in the present moment. It is not only vital to leadership but overall wellness at each echelon of the workplace and corporate culture.
In essence, mindfulness can be understood as staying completely aware of all internal states and external changes, in an entirely non-judgmental manner. It helps in building focus, coping with stress, and in getting along with people which help in creating more efficient businesses and organizations.
In the world of business, mindfulness is now taken very seriously, both as a way to amplify productivity and as a part of the employee wellness program.
Typically, the content of mindfulness training includes practices and exercises such as:
- building calm awareness in the present moment, through breathing as well as other meditations
- learning to tune-in to the body, as a way to directly experience emotions and feelings
- distinguishing our habits as well as patterns of reaction to difficulties and stress
- developing emotional intelligence and responding to stressful stimuli in a less self-orientated more considered way
- learning to be kind to others and ourselves
Training mindfulness in workplace is focused in two ways. The first is about in what manner we can stay focused and calm in the face of various stress factors; the second is about how we can relate to other people as well as events with kindness and acceptance, enhancing our communication with external parties and colleagues. There are also few practical techniques for bringing this approach to staff management, emails, phone calls, and meetings.
Various studies have shown that people completing mindfulness courses build up skills that are invaluable in the work environment.
Research shows that staff:
- remain calmer and focused in spite of multiple demands
- focus better for a long time duration, and communicate more effectively
- Work better with clients, within teams, as well as with other stakeholders
- Exhibit less anxiety, stress, and depression
- take less time off work and become more productive
This groundbreaking mindfulness and meditation training model can be customized and designed to specific industry needs and target audiences. By utilizing proven techniques of mindfulness in workplace that transcend concepts and ideas, participants not only comprehend the reasons why emotional intelligence and heart-based consciousness are critical in creating personal success and a more productive workplace, they also learn how this individual shift in perspective, attitude, and behavior can be achieved in their lives.