How to Support Health and Well-Being for Remote Employees
Engaging employees who work from a remote location into the corporate wellness programs has always been a prime challenge for the organizations in India. Due to time and distance issue, remote employees are not able to participate in perks like gym memberships, group meditation or attend other wellness programs where physical appearance is required.
India is also no more untouched of being traditional offices replaced with modern remote offices to give flexibility to the employees for better health and well-being. About 58% of office employees in India works from the remote location for an average one day in a week.
So, what should be your approach to engage your remote employees with corporate wellness programs?
Our wellness experts suggest implementing “FICS” technique to resolve the complications of time and distance for the remote employees. FICS technique ensures that your health and wellness initiatives are relevant and easily reachable to all employees of the company.
Address time and distance issues with FICS:
What is FICS in terms of health and wellness initiatives for your employees?
- ‘F’ stands for Flexibility. The wellness program need not be bound to any specific geographical location and time. Think of the ways to make your wellness initiatives independent of time and location constraints.
- ‘I’ stands for Inspirational. Your wellness programs must include motivation and celebration of success for each employee irrespective of the distance.
- ‘C’ stands for Complete. The wellness program must be holistic that will focus on the mental, physical, emotional and financial well-being of employees.
- ‘S’ stands for Social. It does mean the wellness program should focus on improving the relationship among the employees.
Your wellness programs must be perfectly optimized for FICS in order to give health and wellness benefits to all of the employees including the remote ones.
How to Achieve FICS in Corporate Wellness Programs
Run Common Program Accessible in all Locations
When you have decided to take wellness initiatives, make sure that those are available for all employees of the company irrespective of the locations. Consider:
- Using video tutorials so everyone can get guidance.
- Conducting live sessions so everyone is connected to get the benefit from it.
- Providing 24/7 helpline numbers for any kind of help.
- Podcasting on health and fitness sessions.
- Conducting online yoga classes.
- Hiring a coach for guidance on meditation through conference calls.
To increase the engagement of more and more employees in the wellness program, you have to give it a touch of a game so people can compete and play with each other. Employees are more interested in the reward-based wellness programs so consider incentivizing the employees who achieve certain health goals. Gamification can work extremely well in the web or virtual platforms for challenges like weight loss, walk to fit and other remote wellness competitions.
Strong Sharing of Information Company Wide
Start a conversation with your in-office and remote employees in terms of wellness initiatives to be taken in the company. Be open to their suggestions and let them come up with the initiatives as per their interest and need. Never forget to share each small success of each employee company-wide through the newsletter or any virtual platform. You can also share tips on mental health, stress management, or any individual’s story to motivate employees of different locations.
Frequent Boost up for Engagement
Working from a remote location can generate a feeling of isolation from the rest of the employees in the company. Consistent engagement by encouraging remote employees is a must to keep them feel motivated and connected with the company wellness programs.
Go Right Digital Platforms
Web or app-based wellness programs can be suitable for remote employees as these are location independent. App-based programs offer accurate service and can give a feeling of social community and bonding among the employees without increasing any cost to the company.
Following are the digital resources required for engaging remote employees into wellness programs.
- Online Dashboards to View Health Insights
- Wellness App to send alerts or reminders and track health insights
- Online access to health coaches/counsellers/helplines
- Company Network or private portal to share wellness related information with remote employees
So choose Truworth Wellness your health and wellness partner, who helps you achieve FICS to strengthen the connection between remote and main office employees by the means of app-based health & wellness platform, expertise. Along with this an access to wellness resources, fitness experts, and nutritionists across the country.