The Psychological Benefits of Corporate Wellness Program
An employee wellness program also is also known as an “on-site wellness program”, this program is designed to support and promote the well-being, safety, and health of the employees.
When you have a healthy population at the office, your company undoubtedly reaps the benefits. A specifically designed wellness program can enhance productivity, boost morale as well as reduce stress. Wellness programs support employees in making healthy and smart choices that only reduces health care costs, but also increase vitality and further diminish absenteeism.
Organizations can customize programs according to their requirements, from a variety of reports, tools, educational materials, health assessments, and more.
The significance of mental health, in particular, is discussed here in the potentially negative impact it can have on various sectors of performance at work. Problems that often affect every company’s success, from low productivity to high turnover.
The perks of focusing on wellness are paramount, and they will definitely build over time. A good work environment aids in reducing risks and symptoms of depression, at the same time, amplifies productivity while saving the money of the company. Employees achieve a greater spirit of well-being and moreover experience better health outcomes in a list of areas. Investing in a corporate wellness program eventually contributes to some long-term benefits to the bottom line, as well as to the well-being of everybody associated with the enterprise.
What Is A Corporate Wellness Program?
Wellness Programs provide employees and the employers with a variety of helpful resources necessary for improving the overall health and lifestyle of the company at large.
- Customizable Wellness Tools
- Health based assessments
- Health Risk Reports
- Online motivational Tools
- Newsletters, articles, and Videos
Poor mental health can take a toll on the physical body while also negatively impacting performance in the workplace, such as:
- Lack of productivity
- Repeated Absenteeism
- Job Abandonment
- High turnover rates
Poor Psychological Health Can Result In The Following Physical And Mental Manifestations:
- Painful Aches
- Low tolerance of others
- An estimated 80% of people who suffer from depression experience decreased functionality.
- Over the course of 3 months, people with depression typically miss an average of 4.8 workdays and acquire 11.5 days of productivity loss.
- Depression and poor mental health can often result in substance and alcohol abuse.
What Are The Benefits Of The Corporate Wellness Program?
- 80% of people with depression find their symptoms have improved with proper treatment.
- Adopting a supportive work environment in combination with providing tools for mental and physical health can greatly decrease the risk of developing depression.
- Employees can save more than a hundred thousand per employee per year.
- Wellness screenings and treatment services have been shown to generate an increased productivity by approximately 6.1% along with a 22.8% decrease in absences.
Wellness Programs Are Also Associated With:
- Lower levels of cholesterol
- Positive Attitude And Behaviors
- Improved Physical Strength
- Healthy Blood pressure
- Greater Job Satisfaction
- Lower Stress levels
- Reduced Anxiety