7 Ways To Create A Healthier Workplace
Productivity goes ‘through the roof’ when companies invest in building a healthier office that improves their workers’ physical and mental health.
It is widely known that being in work is good for people’s health and well-being, but it’s increasingly being recognized that a healthy workforce is beneficial to employers too. By creating a positive, safe and healthy environment for employees, you can increase morale, improve your employees’ work-life balance and, in turn, positively impact your business.
So here, we’ve come up with 7 ways to create a healthier office. Take a look.
1. Encourage deskercises to decrease strain from keyboarding, sitting, and lack of fresh air and as a way to boost energy and focus.
2. Reduce the consumption of caffeine and inspire higher water consumption. Water can help combat the afternoon ‘lull’ and boost the immune system.
3. Stress the significance of healthy snacks and lunches to improve focus, creativity, and energy. Encourage team building through meetings, projects, training, and activities. Support from co-workers reduces stress and gives perspective.
4. Encourage employee fitness through lunchtime walking, fitness memberships, and incentive programs.
5. Offer training workshops on health-related and stress-related issues. Employees who have a variety of coping ‘tools’ are better able to achieve success and balance.
6. Increase access to information with the help of reading materials, wellness centers, and Employee Wellness Programs.
7. Model positive behavior. Wellness and balance must be seen as an organizational priority and must be ‘lived’ and lead by those in management.